I had a couple of rifles I was about ready to give up on.They had factory floated barrels,but those rifles just did not shoot that well.They both averaged about 1.5"-2".I had bedded the lug and tang,but it still didn't help.After several different test loads on those rifles one morning,I was about to go home and I decided to try something different.I folded some sheets of paper and slid them under the barrel from the lug all the way to the end of the barrel channel of the stock,making sure all the folded sheets of paper had about the same tension under the barrel as if it was full length bedded.Instantly loads that shot poorly shot really well and were not too picky about different loads either.Everything I tried shot much better than before.Those two rifles are the only ones out of my collection that I ended up full length bedding,everything else is floated,no pressure points.I blame it on the quality of the stock since both rifles had the same type of stock.Anyway I'm happy with my results.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............