A quick update for those that have been following along. After hogging out the stock it settled down quite a bit with the 250 Speers...not varmint type accuracy but all the crazy stuff went away.

As a Whelen, that barrel shot the 225 TSX very well and I had some on hand. Did some velocity work and settled on a load of H4350 that produced around 2,860 FPS. I played with the seating depth starting at mag length and shot several groups. The first time I shot, the rounds with the shortest OAL (2.668" CBTO) produced the best group at .948 MOA.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With groups getting better as I got shorter, I loaded up another 4 at 2.668" CBTO and then two more progressively shorter 4 round groups at 2.659" and 2.642".

They went .828 MOA, 1.09 MOA, .981 MOA.

Adding in the previous .948 MOA group at 2.668" CBTO, I have 16 consecutive shots that averaged .962 MOA. Considering the POI of all four groups is very consistent with three different seating depths and my worst group is 1.096 MOA (which included the cold bore), I am thinking...

Still need to verify drops but feel comfortable enough now that it is time to seal the barrel channel and move on to something else. Thanks again to everyone that contributed.