Originally Posted by MedRiver
...... The stock has been pillar and glass bedded to this barreled action. It was also free floated but does not have much clearance. If I grab the end of the stock it easily makes contact with the barrel.

Keep the tape and shoot as is?

Have my stock guy permanently bed a "speed bump"?

Get aggressive with the stock and hog it out enough to where it won't make contact even if it flexes?

I am open to all three options just curious what the campfire consensus is.

I'm mainly a synthetic stock, majority lighter contours, so my input on this may be limited.

I've had success full length bedding, free floating, 2/3 +/- length bedding, and bedding only the shank/part of barrel forward of recoil lug. Of course all of these are with the action bedded.

One more option...to muddy the water.... If the forend is easily making contact, consider bedding the shank/couple of inchest just forward of the recoil lug. This can help to reduce barrel/stock contact further up the barrel. It's an easy route to take if the action/lug are already bedded as mentioned. Just mask off the stock, release agent, build a wall where you want the bedding to end, and tighten it up like you're going to normally shoot it. Again, it may not be the answer, but it can help reduce forend contact.