Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
And forget 3 shot groups, they are telling you nothing

When you shoot 3 shots and you are getting "well over 2" groups", that says a lot. If you can't figure that out you are a fu cking idiot. That is when you stop what you are doing and re-evaluate schidt. 3 shots are fine for a lot of things. POI check at long range and quick checks during load development and also conserving expensive components. I shoot that size groups at 600 yards with many different rifles, so something is not right. The OP's rifle needs help big time.. I'm totally assuming he knows how to shoot. Again, with threads like these we have to assume the shooter knows what he's doing and he's shooting off of a solid rest and good rear bag with excellent discipline. The rifle is what needs to be evaluated here, the shoooter should be doing his part and that should be assumed. If not, the shooter should say he shoots like my buddy Troy:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

With that being pointed out, 5 and 10 shot groups are really the only way to go when confirming a new load. Something a lot of you guys don't get, but you better be fu cking shooting like my buddy Mark, not my buddy Troy:

That's the same rifle, but way different group size. 5 shots to confirm and maybe even a different shooter on that trigger. Like my buddy Mark did to check out the load I worked up for this rifle. It wasn't needed, but a point that should be taken and considered:

After load work is done and confirmed, shoot your 3 shot groups at distance. You know it's a load that is proven and something you can count on. That's what a lot of you guys don't get. It's not just about shooting 3, 5 or 10 shot groups, it's validating and confirming your schidt..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA