Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Fireball2
$850,000 tomorrow?

The goal would be to provide monthly income while preserving the investment in it's entirety.

I know, boring.

With $850k you can buy 3 or 4 mountains in West Virginia... half a county maybe... if you look hard enough.

You like banjo music?

For the people suggesting income property, how active are you in managing it yourselves, or do you hire a property management company for hands off?

For a guy with $850k... you ask some really stupid questions.

Land has multiple uses... renewable timber, stone (if a marketable product), B&B cabins, grazing potential, hunting leases... even Federal programs (Native Trout stream restoration, Wildlife restoration, reforestation $$$).

The B&B next to me is $160 a night (IIRC) and pretty much stays full in season... the owner lady does her own house keeping. She wants to buy some more land from me for more cabins... I reckon if she puts up 4 or 5 she might hire out a maid.

None of it rocket science...

HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD...

In short, buy stuff that you know and make money with it... College rentals, build trailers as a fabricator... turn seed corn into corn... slop hogs... sell hogs.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.