I would buy a small house in Upper Michigan very close to Lake Michigan . I would take the rest, about $500K, and invest it it what people will be needing 50 yrs from now with good dividend stocks.

1.. Verizon ( VZ). pays 5.5% dividends and iuncreased divies every year. Cell phones are a consumer staple now days.
2 Hanes underwear (HBI) 5% divies. if we cant afford socks , Tshirts and undewear , we are doomed anyway.
3 Stanly Black & Decker (SWK) been around 150 yrs. divies are about 3% and raised their divies for decades. Very low price.
4 Intel microchips... We need micro chips and the price is way down... 3% divies.
5 Kelloggs (K) we need to eat or die... Pays 3.5?% divies. Price is fair.
6. Fidelity Utilities ETF ( FUTY) We go back to the stone age without utilities. pays 3% .
7, WPC, O, STAG, ADC, AMT.. These are all real estate companies . pay avr. 4.5% divies and raising them every yr.
8 Kimberly Clark (KMB ) toilet paper , paper towels . 3.5% divies, been raising then yearly for 50? yrs.
9 Proctor & Gamble (PG) tooth paste, shampoo , soap. 2.5% divies, yearly increases for a LONG time.
10 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) cooking oil, bread flower ETC... Low divies but good company but price is kind of high.
11. Tyson,,(TSN) chicken , pork.. Price is very reasonable. 2.3% divies.
12 HYD ETF. Tax free Municipal bonds. 4% divies payed monthly Price is way down and a good time to invest some .
13 Chevron , Occidental Exxon Mobil. Good companies but price is kind of high. XOM & CVX pay 3.75% ,Occidental 1%.

This is a good and reasonable 15 companies that we will need for 50 yrs. Many will say the dividends will not exist if the [bleep] hits the fan. True, most will be cut. However, you will have to go through hell and high water to get your rental money too , if times get really bad, but we will eat, wear clothes heat our homes or you Texans will die of heat , and us Wisconsin boys will freeze to death. \

I also think that an ETF ( SPYD) 3.75% divies is a good ETF . Has the 80 higher dividend companies in the S&P 500 and very diverse ETF with lots of energy stocks , nat gas, real estate and banks.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23