I didn't get an actual invite, but it relates.

Back in the days leading up to 911, my grandparents started getting harassing calls from a deranged couple in Southern California. They were threatened, cussed at all hours of the day and night. Local cops were useless on both ends, SD PD said that unless they could catch them in the act, there wasn't much that could be done. I found out about it from my aunt and at the time I was working in San Diego with military support for a new aircraft. With the help of one of the base MPs and an IT guy we figured out they lived in El Cajon. I called my aunt and had her call me the next time they called. I didn't have to wait long and I just happened to be outside their house. I strolled up to the door as my aunt was turning the call into a conference call. I knocked on the door and could here the entire conversation and my subsequent knock. Little wirey dude comes to the door and proceeds to cuss me with the phone in his ear, when I spoke and he heard it thru the handset, dude lost his color. He dropped the phone and I then explained who I was and asked if we were going to have any future calls or harassment? He said nope and true to his word they never called them again.

I had a couple of Marines I was working with aching to go back and put a beat down on them.

Never figured out why or how they got my grandparents number.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member