4MOA accuracy is what it is, and ain't what it ain't.

What it is: Satisfactory marksmanship for new recruits. Satisfactory accuracy for hitting a torso out to 300 yards, most of the time....where any hit is a good hit. A standard most recruits will be able to master in the limited time available in recruit training.

What it ain't: It is not precision accuracy or even close, by any measure. Certainly nothing to promote as a "skill".

When mastery of basic marksmanship is combined with modern equipment (and mine is actually fairly dated any more), sub 1 moa out to past 1000 yards is achievable by most any rifleman who can apply the fundamentals of marksmanship.

My precision rifles are fairly basic. 308 Win, and 30-06, 10X or 12X glass. Rem 700 rifles with some upgrades in stocks, triggers. I handload my precision ammo. All these targets are from prone on the ground, not on a groomed firing line.

Typical results using a Harris bipod, and a rear beanbag:

100 yards, 10 rounds, .65" group:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

560 yards, sub-moa. The square is 5"x 5"

1120 yards, sub-moa. The square is 5" x 5".

And yes, I've shot on the USMC rifle qual courses many, many, times with the M16A1 and M16A2. Rifle Expert, 16th Award.
It's no great feat to master. Certainly nothing to carry on about like Garand is doing.

Garand, you like what you like, and that's fine. No harm, no foul, in any of that. But you are not impressing anyone with your close-minded and derisive remarks toward anything other than 'your way'. Your way is very basic, and with it come a lot of limitations.