I agree with everyone here, #1 has had less whiskey tonight.

I also fully agree with the hydrostatic shock theory. Weather or not that's actually the reason, in my experience light and fast bullets kill quicker and more reliably that heavy slower pills even given similar internal damage. Assuming of course proper bullet construction built to handle higher impact velocities.

As a very small example, this year my hunting buddy and I both shot our antelope bucks the same day. He shot his with a 30-06 and 180gr accubonds at maybe 2650 fps mv, and mine was shot with a 7wsm and 120gr TSX at 3340 fps mv. They were shot at similar ranges, about 220 yds and the entrance/exit wounds were surprisingly similar and in the same location, right through the lungs. His goat ran off like it hadn't even been shot, then of course fell to the ground maybe 75yds later. Mine dropped instantly and was stone dead by the time I recovered from recoil. Again, all the damage internally and externally was very similar. Hydrostatic "shock" is basically the only reason I can come up with as to why this is ALWAYS my experience with the light and fast. Just my $.02