I'd say no doubt in my mind that fast kills quicker. I don't like light bullets because they used to do much more damage, and they were less efficient in the wind at ranges....

Barnes kinda changed that, solid copper, for weight they are longer which is more efficient in the wind and for drop, and they don't fragment like cup and core bullets doing quite as much damage.

I like to eat up to the hole personally. I have no issues of trailing a deer a bit, actually enjoy it. I"ll err a bit on the heavy side due to penetration issues... ping pong vs golf ball theory, and with the X I can generally have the best of all worlds.

If I knew I was gonna never have to shoot bone and could choose all my shots, I might well drop down to a really fast BT type expansive bullet in the ribs or head and be done with it. But since life guarantees nothing, especially after driving hundreds or thousands of miles, I go prepared for the worst, and accept the best.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....