First off never any flames from me i learn an immense amount fromt he fire and would never put another guy down for his ideas. I agree we all are hinting around the same idea but seems to disagree as to what to call it or its potential importance in killing game quickly.

periscope, i absolutely cannot explain it except maybe the actual spot of impact on your deer or the path the energy travelled for whatever reason, and until yesterday i had never seen it.

Yesterday AM I watched a 2x2 blacktail buck (probably 120#'s ish) at about 100 yds take a 139 gr hornady interlock at 3480fps to the lungs compliments of a 7 STW. That damn deer looked at us at ther shot and sood there for about 3-5 seconds and took off downhill for about 85-100 yds and never once did he flinch or act hit then just when my buddy was set to shoot again the deer just flat fell dead and never twitched again. When we got to him the bullet had hit him low (1/3 up the shoulder crease)in the lungs and blew the bottom of both clean to jello and the exit was about the size of a large grapefruit. The deer probably died within 5 secnds of the first round but he never acted hit not one iota. This deers insides were flat FUBAR and he looked at us liked craig missed and i would have thought he did but i saw the bullet hit......That is the first time i have ever seen it happen.

I have been thinking about this thread and talked to several friends who hunt alot and are very into bullet performance like myself. in talikg about it in the last few days and the conclusion i come to is thus:

I am a firm, believer in hydrostatic probably because i tend to opt to place my shot higher then most when shooting broadside animals. I am a consistent 2/3 - 3/4 of the way up the shoulder crease and most often thats where the bullet goes. In thinking of the animals i have killed like this almost all have had severe wound channel damage around the spinal area if not in fact severing the spine. This would explain my beliefe of the quickest kills being CNS based and why i shoot game the way i do. This COULD also explain animals absolutely dropping to high shoulder and neck shots where no appreciable bone is struck, as all of these impart so much energy immense energy very close to the CNS that is absolutely devasates it.

again just a thought of why i think the way i do and i welcome any insight you all have on it