Years ago my Yankee buddy came down and hunted with me.....

We went to several spots that morning with no luck so I took my buddy to a spot where I had called and killed several turkeys....
We were dealing with some turkeys that were quite a distance over the property line in a 6 or 80 hundred yard long crop field bottom with about a 100 yards of woods between where I could hunt and the field.....only tree on my side of the the fence this big loan oak tree on this pasture hill side. I don't normally build blinds but in this case I had drug a few logs and brush up around the tree. After some long calling sessions I had called and killed several turkeys there.

The turkeys responded after a while....after a time my buddy started whispering to me...."they're not coming" I said "be quiet and be still"....every time I told him this he either said "they can't see me" or "they can't hear me".

This was working on my nerves big time....

After a time I picked my calls up and whispered "let's go". When we got quite a distance from the spot I stopped turned a round and told him..."if you ever go hunting with me and you do that crap again I'm going to get up and one of us is going to get his azz whipped....If you don't think he's coming what are we doing out here"

He went home and I called and killed a gobbler at that spot the next day.