I carry a BIC lighter at all times. This is usually the easiest. But they don't always work when it's cold and wet.
I prefer a Zippo, for several reasons. For 1, liquid fluid will start easily at any temperature or altitude. Then, there's the little thumb lever on a Bic. You have to keep your thumb on it or it goes out. If you need both hands for the tinder or fuel, you can't keep the BIC lit. A Zippo can be lit and set down to free both hands. Fingers frozen? You can light a Zippo by pulling it across your pant leg or something. No fingers are needed. Try that with a BIC.
Zippos do need to be refilled. Mine will dry out after about a week of non-use. I carry a little extra cylinder of fuel that will hold 1 refill. Or, the smallest size can of fluid is quite light weight and will refill it dozens of times if it's full. If it's half full, it will still be enough for a bunch of refills but will weigh a few oz. less.

I have a couple long neck plasma lighters that we use for camps stoves and BBQ's. Those do work great for that and can be recharged from a power pack, solar charger, or about any other source of power. Getting tinder lit with one is a bit more difficult. It'll work but will take more time. Flame works better.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.