Drier lint. There are some problems with it. I mentioned before that children's clothes are fireproofed. If you get lint from those, it won't burn at all.
Some kinds of synthetics are also hard to burn. Your best bet is to clean the filter, then run a load of all cotton towels. Pure cotton lint will burn better than anything.

I don't mess with it. Go to Walmart's cosmetics dept. and spend $1 for a bag of the jumbo cotton balls. Make sure they're pure cotton as they also sell some synthetic ones that won't burn well.

I'm a leader for a Trail Life troop. We spend a lot of time with the boys teaching them survival stuff. We never allow them to use matches. Any one can start a fire with matches or a lighter. We have them use strikers all the time to learn how to do it the hard way. We've experimented with all kinds of tinder. We've used cotton balls, char cloth, fuzzy wood, commercial stuff, jute string, and many other things. So far, by far the easiest to light with a striker that we've found is the good old vasoline cotton ball.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.