Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
In a pinch, and if you have them, Fritos Corn Chips work well too. The oil and the corn burn pretty good. Plus you can eat them! Way back when I started all things hunting, I decided to learn how to start an emergency fire before I needed one. Can only imagine what my parent's neighbors thought about me out in my parent's yard, in my underwear, in the cold, rain and snow trying to start a fire! Lol! In my travels, I've used all kinds of Zippo lighters, dryer lint, cotton balls with vaseline, magnesium bars, road flairs, fritos... all kinds of stuff. My favorite lighter is a Zippo style, but one of the high pressure ones for lighting cigars. Of course, if I'm flying to a hunt, that'll determine what I can bring or I'll find a place to get something once I arrive to my destination.

I did just find a new and unused, but older, sitting in the back of a cabinet, magnesium stick. If anyone can use it, please PM me and it's yours.
Fritos are terrible. They never last long enough to get up the trail, let alone start a fire. I'm addicted to those things.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.