Originally Posted by TakeEm
Where I hunt, I can often see for miles. The farthest I’ve taken a shot at a game animal was 600 and change. I did that with a .300 WSM and 210 Bergers. I don’t care to shoot at a big game animal much farther than that.

I’m sure .300 or 7 PRC brass will be hard to find. I currently have 7RM and .300 WM brass and dies. Yeah, I know 200-212 even 220 .30s can’t hang with 180 7s.

I kinda want a .30 just because. Dumb I know.

We are about two hours apart, as I live in Gillette.
I know Josh at H-S. Good guy, and he shoots good as well.
In recent years he has been competing some in PRS and NRL.

If you want a 30 because you want a 30, get one.
If 600 yard is your max, anything you mentioned will work more than good enough.
My next build is a 30 as well...300 RSAUM. I originally had a 30 Nosler or the 300 PRC in mind, but when it came down to what I wanted, they had more recoil for what I wanted in this build. Sold my 300 PRC brass, I think I still have the 30 Nosler though...
I already had a good stash of Norma 300 SAUM brass, and it will work great for my application (Center-Grip Remington XP-100)
Tim King of King Custom outside of Rapid, is doing the build for me.
Plan on using the 166 Hammer Hunters. Mule deer and elk mainly.
More of a 600 yard and under gun. More likely the 200 yards to 500-550ish yards
I have some big 6.5's and 7's if I want to stretch things out.
The 175 ELD-X has great accuracy for me in my 7mm Dakota, and have taken one mule deer, and a handful of elk with it.
Reloader 33 has worked great for me in my 7 Dak and my 26 Nos with the 147's. So far I have only killed antelope with my 26 Nosler.
The 26 Nosler and the 7mm Dakota are both center-grip XP's, so the longer barreled versions, will even have higher MV's.

Get what you want.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/