I don't have the new 7mm PRC, but I do have a 18" 7mm-300 PRC, and I run 190's at 2753.
For deer I would use the 7mm 180 grain ELD-M's without hesitation in a 7mm PRC, 7RM, 7mm LRM, 280AI.
In my old 7 SAUM XP-100, I used the 162 grain A-Max's for deer and antelope, and they never failed me. Since I am using shorter barrels, than most my MV's will also be slower, so the 180 ELD-M should work great in rifles. The new M's may open up just a smidgen faster than the older A-Max's. Maybe because of the new tip....I am not sure why, but that seems to be the case.

With the cartridges you are mentioning, your impact velocities will be high enough to work with about any bullet you decide to choose with a max distance of 600 yards.
With the Berger's, I would make 2000 fps my minimum impact velocity.
I have had iffy performance with Berger's on game, so I have started using other bullets.

When it comes to elk, I don't think you can go wrong with a 7mm or a 30 cal., but I would use my 6.5-284, 6.5 PRC, or 26 Nosler for elk.
7mm has always been my favorite caliber for elk. Not saying it is the best, it is just what I like.

Last year, I hunted with a 280AI and a 6.5 PRC for my cow/calf tag. Filled the tag with my 6.5 PRC. When I decided to use the 6.5 PRC, I didn't take the time to put a lighter weight/slimmer profile scope on it (I had it set-up for distance), but it still worked just fine.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/