Originally Posted by MallardAddict
My 300 Norma Improved with a 230 a-tip handily beats the cited 7mm-08/180 load posted at all ranges but admittedly uses about 2x the powder with 50% more recoil which is a consideration one has to make to get essentially 2x the energy on target. at longer ranges.

I shoot a couple 7’s for a lot of things but for big animals and longer distances I like the 300 NMI and 338 Edge better.

Though NOT proud of it,I've had/have a schit pile of .30's,though none of greater capacity than 30-378,nor any barrels longer than 30". Hint.

It's been a constant from the start,that .284 BC's are farrrrrrrrrr more meaningful,in relation to BC/mass ratios and that their mass is easier to squirt at greater velocity,in chamberings of like capacity. You gotta add muchly CC's to the .30's,in order to crowd the .284's abilities and that hurts Tender Feelers,if only as this and all other Threads quantify. Hint.(grin)

Personally,I've never been an "Energy" Guy and the forecast don't indicate any changes. I'm an Impact Velocity and Atmospherics Defeating Guy,if only because such things are glaring and easily quantified,where "Energy" is smoke & mirrors. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating going on a rampage and whistlin' through all of my 243Win FC fodder,so I can send it to Kali,for the 8" RPM 7-08 transformation,in a dupe at 21". Have a few others that I feed ala AICS,but FC goodness is real,when it comes to Mechanics. Hint.

Droolers can't even begin to comprehend. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."