Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Dutch
I really don’t see how the behavior of the Ukes 80 years ago reflects on their grand (and great-grand) children fighting for their country today.

We don’t hold even the Germans or the Japs to that standard. Not even the Vietnamese, really. Might as well mention Israel, while I’m at it. Yeah, Russia and the Holodomor. I’ll see your 30,000 victims, and raise you 5 million Ukrainians forcibly starved by Stalin.

By that standard, due to the large number of black eyes the US has suffered, this country doesn’t deserve support, but it does. Despite slavery, Jim Crow, Indian wars, McCarthyism, Roe v Wade, our children aren’t responsible for our and our parents mistakes.

Point well taken. Remsen's logic is flawed. I presume he also favors reparations for slavery? crazy

Try reading what I wrote, rather than how someone responded to what they thought I wrote. Ukraine is a corrupt country and has a long history of operating as a thugocracy. Ask Hunter and Joe about it. Their bloodthirsty ways are also a matter of history, not just from 80 years ago. I take neither side in this war but I know, quite well, that Ukraine doesn't deserve the support its getting from the west. They are as bad as the Russians.

You left out the rather vile name calling and in your original post alleged nothing about recent "corruption". If you argue cases in court the way you do here, your clients should probably get a new lawyer. wink

You may want to go back to the first post in this thread before you season your crow.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.