Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I'm hunting squirrels as I type this. I'm at 4 now. But only have 3. The first one I shot I haven't found yet. I think it's laying around here somewhere. The afternoon lull has set in. Need 2 more to limit. This was my second one this morning.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit:

I ended up staying until 4pm and never did find that first squirrel. I shot him at sunrise and it was dark in the woods. After I hit him he started flopping around like they do, then he collected himself and ran. I saw and heard him run down into a very shallow dry rivine. The I heard him stop. Figured he was dead. Combed the area three times and never did find him.

There's lots of mast on the ground, but still a lot in the trees. The squirrelsbecame active again around 2pm, but they were in the tops of the hickory trees. Didn't see any indication they were up in the oak trees. But you can't see them except a glimpse here or there, and maybe a shaking branch. But the cracked hickory nut pieces were falling down like rain. The trees here are still fully green, and fully dense. The only trees right now with the hint of color are the cypress. Otherwise, it still looks like summer in the woods.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just see one squirrel glOckhead

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

What, Luther ????

Not content to totally ruin just one forum with your 3rd grade level disruptions ???

Go back to the turkey forum and leave your stench outta the rest of the 'Fire.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.