I didn't get into the woods until just before 8 am. Sun was coming up. It's still plenty green in the woods except for the tree tops. Walking to my spot, I find this girl and another squirrel chasing each other around a beech tree. I tagged her. Tried to get a double on her dancing partner but it took off down the slope behind the tree. So it's the only one I got today. By 9 am it was pretty windy with gusts to 25 mph. It had the trees swaying and creeking pretty good. By noon it was dying down some but the clouds were darkening and by 2 pm it was misting rain so I decided to come home. I did tree another one in the top of a medium sized loblolly pine on the main trail out but couldn't get anything like a clear shot, so it lives another day.

This is the Browning BPS I bought last spring and haven't really had a chance to do anything with yet except pattern it. I was using Winchester Super X 1 oz #4 at 1,220 fps. I shot this squirrel at somewhere between 25 and 30 yards. All pellets passed completely through except two which I found under the skin at the hips. One pellet broke the hind leg between thigh and the foot. No blood shot meat. I'm pleased with these shells. And while this 28" 20 gauge shotgun is loud, it's not ear splitting like my Ithaca 26" 12 gauge.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/28/22.