Originally Posted by Cotay
I received my first of five of these and unfortunately I'll be sending it in for an exchange. The elevation turret is way too difficult to unlock, even with considerable leverage. My wife and 13 year old son couldn't move it at all. I have three more arriving on Monday, so hopefully those have better turrets.

As for the optic itself, I'm otherwise extremely impressed with the overall package. If the others are as nice optically and mechanically (other than the elevation turret of course), I'll be very tempted to order a few more of these for future rifles.

EDIT: I took the turret cap off and looked more closely at the elevation drum. It seems that someone tightened the drum set screws and actually stripped them out in the process. They even gouged the drum in the process, which had been hidden by the zero stop ring. I have a difficult time believing that they would have done this at the factory, but everything appeared to be new and untouched. I suppose this could have been previously sold and meticulously repackaged to appear as new. Anyway, it's packaged up and going back on Monday. So as not to create any confusion, this example was not sold to me by Doug....maybe that was my first mistake. smile

I've had 2 of these scopes for a while now and the turrets have been very consistent - locking/unlocking positively with a crisp snap. On the 2 I just received, the windage turret on 1 locked/unlocked with virtually no resistance such that there is no way it would stay locked under field use. I sent it back and just received an exchange. The windage turret works great and the elevation turret definitely requires more effort to lock/unlock than my other 3.

I'm developing the feeling that current models may have more variation than earlier models in the 'feel' of the turrets on locking/unlocking. The click adjustments seem to be very consistent - crisp and positive on all 4 that I have.

Would be interesting to hear Big Stick's take on this - sounds like he's had his hands on a large number of these...