I received two of the Athlon Helos two weeks ago. My first impressions were good. These were going on a 6.5 Grendel ,Howa Mini, and a Tikka SL 6.5 PRC. Both scopes we're clear as a bell and after a trip to the range, I found that both track as nicely as any of my SWFA SS's. The glass is clear and I didn't get any "wash" with the illuminated reticle.

Last evening, I watched a doe, at last light with overcast. I could have easily taken the shot with the reticle lighted up on 2, at 12x, at 350, but I was waiting on a buck that's been hanging around.

My overall impression of this scope is excellent after the first week.

My day only gripe(for me personally)is the size of the center dot in the reticle. For the Grendel, it's just about perfect(for the 350 yards I'll be hunting with). But for PRC, the dot is too big when you get out to 500 and beyond. So, I think I'll be putting the other one on my other Howa mini 223 fox slayer. One might say to just turn down the magnification, but I like to be able to really see the target.

To me, this scope would be perfect with the SWFA MilQuad reticle, with illumination only on the single dot at the center. Is there something out there, that works as well as the Helos with the reticle I describe(in the same price range)?