Had always left a deer in the woods at the Farm if it was cool enough if shot close to sun set....back in 1990 made a shot with a muzzleloader the last minutes light couldn't find blood with a flashlight....came back the next morning at first light still couldn't find blood went and walked the far fence row and found what was left of the deer....had never seen a coyote track ever in the area now you see tracks in every field and never leave a deer in the field with out a coat to keep coyotes off it....

I also hunt the UP there has alway been coyotes since I started hunting there back in 1976 we never had a problem with over a couple hundred deer kills....in 1978 saw my first wolf tracks in the UP trying to run a deer down....we never left a buck from then on for any amount of time with out at least a hat in them until we returned....

Was bow hunting with my Boss at the time in the Northern Lower he wanted some does harvested....his son shot a doe the first morning at first light heard the deer go down with a very good shot with in 2 minutes he could hear growling and yapping the direction the deer went.....2 hours later got out of the tree stand and walk in the thick brush and scare of a couple coyotes off....most of the hind quarters were eaten by coyotes no 50 yards from the tree stand...

Last edited by coyotewacker; 11/14/22.