Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by BubbaG
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth.

Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. Nine times out Nine when a company that is bleeding money, the first thing they do is cut personnel, either by attrition, or layoffs.
OK. So? I never disputed that. I said something needed to be done

The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. You have absolutely NO Idea how much thought was put into his process, NONE

They laid off 5000 people in a very short period of time and then had to call some of them back. If there was thought in it, someone else should have been doing the thinking

They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. ...and you know this how?
because it was made public also

Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. True, but just the opposite is true in many situations. In a company that is overstaffed and also overstaffed with employees that feel they are entitled to the position instead of employees that actually work hard and held accountable, working from home is counterproductive.
Its very easy to determine who is working and who isn't by the amount they produce. Counting keystrokes and looking over someone's back is for the simpleminded and have no business managing IT

Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree.

Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Smart move, very smart. In an industry like Twitter that relies almost exclusively on IT, Code, Algorithms, etc., it would be very easy for an employee(s) to sabotage his company. Having them sign a loyalty agreement does 2 things, it eliminates those that refuse to work with him and may work against him and it also sets up those that would do him harm to firings without civil litigation after doing so.
Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. Musk has is own IT Experts, I highly doubt that his pool of experts, like the ones he hired away from NASA, are in need of Twitter Techs.

Its not a smart move in a hostile work environment. I have been in IT for 30 years and I have signed non-disclosure agreements, I have never signed a loyalty agreement.

My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. Doubtful We will see

As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

2 Kings 2:23-24