Originally Posted by BubbaG
If Musk isn't careful, he will flush $44 billion down the toilet but maybe he does not care because its only a quarter of his worth. Twitter was losing money hand over fist and something needed to be done. The problem is that there does not seem to be any intelligent thought going into fixing the issue. First he lays off half of his employees without any thought apparently as to what the employees do. They realized that some actually kept the systems up so they had to try and get them back. Then he makes some announcement that everyone has to start coming back into the office. I personally think this was an idiotic move because it has been found that productivity is way up since people started working from home ie. no hanging out and chatting at work. Also, I know several people in IT who went out and found another IT job because their employer announced that employees need to start coming back to work. Working from home is now the new norm for the IT industry. He backed off on that to some degree. Now he wants a pledge of loyalty. Turns out there are hundreds of twitter employees not willing to do this including those who play major roles in keeping twitter going. My guess is that he will back off on that to some degree as well. As much as people want to fantasize that these woke employees will end up homeless or working in the fast food industry, the truth of the matter is that there is a shortage of IT employees in this country and those that leave will most likely find another job rather quickly and they will probably make more money.

are they going to go the META, Google, Amazon where they are also laying off thousands of workers? lol