Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by BubbaG

Twitter hit with mass resignations after Elon Musk's ‘hardcore’ ultimatum
Elon Musk is now facing a new crisis at Twitter as a wave of employees seemed to reject his ultimatum of an “extremely hardcore” Twitter 2.0 or leave the company

Exactly how many employees opted for severance over remaining at Twitter isn’t yet clear. The New York Times reported the number was in the “hundreds,” while other early reports suggest the number could be much higher. The departures come after Musk already cut 50 percent of Twitter’s jobs in mass layoffs.

We have no idea of the numbers, but this is what we are reporting.
GMAFB

Probably never will know the actual numbers. That is something Musk may not be so public about. Like I have said before, I have been in the IT industry for 30 years and I have experienced this type of thing twice except on a much smaller scale. I bet I can guess pretty closely what is going on with the IT employees at twitter. When Musk announced he wanted to buy twitter, the employees joked about having to get their resume together. Musk buys twitter and the employees talk even more about updating resumes with a little more seriousness. Musk lays off half the employees and all the employees are updating their resumes and allot are probably sending them out. Musk announces employees are going to have to come to the office and even more employees send out their resumes. Musk announces that employees must sign a loyalty agreement or lose their jobs and even more employees send out their resumes. At this point, employees are already interviewing with other companies. My guess would be that a number of people who refused to sign already have job offers making more money. Basically, they get a raise and a big fat bonus in the form of a severance check. Working out in California, these people are making over $10k a month and they probably got at least 3 months severance so they could be looking at a $50k bonus for leaving the company. By the way, if you are a software developer and have a profile on linked in then you are probably getting emails everyday from recruiters trying to get you to apply for a position that they have a contract for. No software developers at twitter are going to be saying "Do you want fries with that?" unless thats what they want to do. I have often thought of early retiring and doing that very thing.

I know I am not very popular because I don't worship Elon Musk for dishing out to the liberal woke crowd but what he is doing does not make sense unless he is planning to use twitter as some kind of a write off. He paid $44 billion for it when it was only valued at $25 billion.

2 Kings 2:23-24