Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have 2 spring pistons, one in 17 and the other in 22. I bought a Benjamin Trail NP XL in 22 that I haven't been able to get any accuracy out of but I'm hoping it just needs to break in and settle. Then I've also been watching the YouTube channel of the guy in Africa and Ted's Holdover. They got me wanting to try the world of pcp rifles but I sure couldn't justify the FX guns they're using so I bought an Umarex Gauntlet in 25 and am thoroughly pleased with its accuracy. It even likes slugs also. I learned real quick that an electric pump was in order after feeling like I'd die of a heart attack using the bike pump looking thing. I would like to buy one of the FX rifles someday but I'm enjoying making parts and mods to my Gauntlet by using my gunsmithing and machining skills to see if I can push the envelope. These things really are addicting.
I bought a used NP 22 with the long baffle tube on it that was clipping the pellet and throwing off the accuracy.

I unscrewed the baffle thing from the barrel and it shot a lot better.

Still doesn’t hang with my Blackhawk Elite 177 at long range, likely due to the more loopy trajectory. But the NP 22 is a hammer at shorter ranges.

Last edited by DollarShort; 11/20/22.