Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
It is also the smallest pistol that I am willing to get into a stand up gunfight with against 1 or 2 bad guys who are also armed. So it is where I draw the line terms of carry guns. Any smaller (such as the G26/27) and my performance drops off considerably to the point that I do not find it acceptable.

Couldn't agree more & have taken that position for as long as I can remember. Pocket guns or mouse guns in 9mm or 380 just don't allow me to do what I can do with a bigger guns much more easily & if people are honest with themselves, it really doesn't for them either.

Most are much more concerned with ease of carry, not really concerning themselves as much with the consequences of too small of a gun should the real need to use it arise for them.

The only exception I will make is a J-frame that I sometimes carry as a BUG, or very occasionally, as my only gun for certain occasions, but with larger than standard grips so it has reasonable shootability compared to the very small stock grips.

It's just hard for me to rationalize the mouse guns being of much real use other than maybe touching distance & also just being better than totally unarmed.

JMHO, Other's MMV

MM