Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by DHN
Originally Posted by viking
Has any ever shot … the 155’s?
The 155 grain loads are, in my experience, noticably snappier than 180s; to be expected as they are loaded hotter, notably higher ME levels. In Marshall and Sanow's data (somewhat dated now) The 155 grain load was the only semi-auto ammunition that equaled the 125 gr. .357 for one-shot stops.
Agreed, though the 155s are fairly comfortable when shot from a relatively weighty 4006. I’ve clocked the 155 Silver Tips at 1200 from the 4” barrel:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When shot from the lightweight Kahr P40, on the other hand, the 155s can truly be a handful:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Following this target, as I recall, I wasn’t much interested in doing another real soon.

I’ve still got their books, and spoke with Evan Marshall about them on a couple occasions at SHOT Shows.
I have a Kahr CW40, basically the same pistol, and yes. it is a bit much if I want quick recovery, although accuracy is very acceptable. I'm not sure the CW40 frame was originally designed for the .40, and especially sceptical about it being for the hotter 155gr. loads. I have decided to use only 180s in it.

The H&K USP and Compact were designed for the .40, then adapted for the 9mm, therefore an acceptably stout design. There is not nearly as much."snap" in it with 155gr. loads. I really like my compact with the 155s.

I've been using a S&W M&P .40 Shield; it's still snappy, but slightly different grip design makes it much better than the Kahr, and S&W says it's designed, not adapted, for the .40. I find it controllable with the 155 gr. loads, though understand YMMV.

Last edited by DHN; 12/02/22.

Dale