Originally Posted by RickcNY
I have an XD in 40 that is more accurate than it ever should be ,bigger frame though So not as advantageous for concealed carry
Absolutely love my XD 40. It is far more accurate than I am these days. I started my love affair with the.40 cal in 1998 with the SW 4006 which is my all-time favorite semiautomatic pistol. Probably due to the extensive range and practice time that was dedicated to the 4006. I just feel very capable and confident when shooting the 40 cal.
Welp as circumstances are aught to happen, I got rid of the SW 4006 which I regret to this day. In 2012 I shot a buddies XD40 and was really impressed with the feel of it in my hand and at how well it shot! I went the next day to Academy Sports and bought the XD40.
Yes the 40 is bulkier and heavier than a 9mm for concealed carry but as with everything it's a trade-off. For me it boils down to what I feel comfortable and confident with and the .40cal fits the bill perfectly.
So yeah some people live it, some people hate it and some people just fine know. But ain't that how it is with most things?
What is the world's best handgun and cartridge? I will tell you, it's the one you have when the SHTF.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ