Originally Posted by Daveinjax
You really need to get out of California ! Even if they catch the thieves they won’t face any real time. Civilization is collapsing in California. There’s much better places to live. Crime and taxes are ridiculous in California. Regulation makes the cost of living way higher than it should be. Hate the loss of the truck but more so the violation of your sense of safety.

I feel sympathetic to the guy. It's really some bold theft he became a victim of.

Wouldn't it be a little better if California would make an effort to clean up this crime a little? Yeah I know that thought opens Pandora's Box in more ways than one.

Everywhere I go I find California Refugees fleeing this problem. In my backyard (SE OH) Columbus, West Virginia, Maine, etc. Housing prices in Columbus surged due to Californian demand. So much so it's flushing Columbus buyers down here and locally prices have doubled. I've been outbid on real estate twice this year by Cali buyers clenching fists full of cash.

I guess you can say the crime, corruption and regulation/taxation in CA affects everyone.