I'm pretty religious about locking up the car when I go and not leaving valuables in site, however I do have some stuff I'd hate to lose out of site in the car, like the pocket under the arm rest.

To that end, I never go into downtown of our closest major city primarily because of crime. I just don't want to have to deal with the lesser representatives of mankind which collect in large cities.

But I live in a small town in the suburbs, about 98% of which is decent people that mind their business with a very active police force, so I don't really feel compelled to lock stuff up , I just do out of habit. I still don't actively lock the front door of the house to run errands, but the wife is pretty diligent about reminding me.

Even here we aren't devoid of car thefts, an organized group from Cinci was targeting the burb towns.

Luckily our police were on it pretty early and shut them down. 2 teenagers, IIRC, died in a crash while fleeing police.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/04/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings