Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
The Sinclair and Century are super interesting and most likely the best, but with the volumes I do I don't want to mess with single shot primer feed and prefer the auto feed tray design.
I have owned and loaded thousands of primers with the various Lee units, Sinclair, Frankford Arsenal, etc., and the whole complaint about single feeding is largely an imagined problem more than a real one. With a primer tray and proper technique, I can prime cases about as fast with my Sinclair as with my Frankford. The quality and feel sensitivity of the Sinclair makes up for the tray on the Frankford, speaking strictly in terms of production volume.

Jordan, that is good information. If someone went the single feed route over the tray, which would be the best choice if any, the Sinclair or Century?
Good question. I just got hands on the 21stCentury today, and while I haven't loaded anything with it yet my initial impression is that build quality is similar to Sinclair. I like the convenient adjustment of seating depth of the 21stCentury, as well as the indexable shell holder, but I think the Sinclair is designed to be a little bit more robust and durable. I'll do some priming with the 21stCentury and see how it compares to the Sinclair in actual use.

I can say that production rate matters to me, and my FA priming tool largely collects dust, with occasional use, while my Sinclair tool gets the lion's share of priming duty. With a precursory handling, it seems that I could probably interchange the 21stCentury for the Sinclair and not notice much difference.