Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Jordan,

I am looking forward to your comparison after you take the 21st for a spin.
Just primed 50 rounds of 7-08. I primed 5 to get the 21stCentury set up, then 15 each with the 21st, Sinclair, and FA, timing myself for each. Small sample size, but it gives you a pretty good idea. This was priming, visually checking, and confirming primer depth by feel with my finger tip for each case.

Time to prime 15 cases with the 21st was 1:59, with the Sinclair was 1:50, and with the FA was 1:36. Average time per case was 7.9, 7.3, and 6.4 seconds. In this instance, the primers all fed smoothly on the FA from the tray into the tool, but sometimes they clog up a little and it requires a little shake to get the primers to feed down, taking a few extra seconds.

The time with the Sinclair was likely a bit faster than with the 21st because I'm more familiar with the Sinclair. Both felt similar, but I prefer the feel of the Sinclair just a bit more, and I think it provides just a bit more leverage. I certainly like the depth adjustment on the 21st. All this is very preliminary, but I thought I'd give my initial impressions.

If a guy's budget allows nothing more than the FA, it's a great tool for the price. If you can afford better, the Sinclair or 21stCentury is worth having.

Stick, for priming in serious volume none of these hand priming tools can beat my Dillon 650. wink