Originally Posted by 673
The sleeping bag is a good idea^^^^

673;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day went your way and you're all well.

While I've told this one before here, it's been awhile so hopefully I can be forgiven if I do again.

The first year we were married we bought my wife a little .308 Remington carbine that she picked out herself down in a shop south of us that was only open in the evenings because they were harvesting and/or hunting during the day.

Anyways we'd built a bit of a blind with Canola straw on the corner of an alfalfa field of ours where we'd see lots of tracks coming onto the field. We'd park the '80 Toyota about 500 yards back down in a slight hollow and hike up to the blind for morning and evening hunts.

There we were, sitting in what was dubbed "The Crow's Nest", it's -38° and we've got all of the winter gear on we owned, plus a goose down mummy bag as a blanket over top of us. Since it's Saskatchewan, the wind is blowing too.

After about an hour and a half, a buck comes out, she quickly leans across the side of the blind and shoots the buck.

I could tell it was a good hit and was pretty excited, but she just gets up and says, "You go get the buck, I'm going to get the truck, I'm frozen!" laugh

So she did and I did and she had her first deer.

Honestly we both talk about it now and don't think we could take the cold out there like we used to.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"