I don't think anyone mentioned using vapor barrier socks. I used them for the first time this year and they worked - my boots weren't wet inside from perspiration. I didn't do much walking as I got to my stand with an ATV. I have owned vapor barrier socks for years, but was afraid to use them because I thought they would make my feet sweat too much. They didn't. I don't know what would have happened if I did a lot of walking.

Many years ago I operated heavy equipment and wore Sorel pack boots with wool felt liners. I wasn't doing any walking, but did use my feet to control the machine. My feet sweated a lot, and the felt boot liners were soaked. My feet were very cold. I wish I had tried vapor barrier socks - or even plastic bags - over my socks back then. Of course, I didn't have a boot dryer at home, either.

When I hunted Colorado over 30 years ago I used liner socks under medium weight socks. We hiked a lot, and my feet were sweaty. I changed socks at least once a day. We hunted out of tents, so drying clothes became an issue.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter