Originally Posted by strosfann
Thanks for all of the great suggestions (minus the hooker)! My feet tend to sweat and get cold first so I will definitely be going with the advice on using spray antiperspirant and packing extra socks. I have some -80 Lacrosse pack boots that are one size up from my normal boot so will hopefully be able to get a heat pac in there with plenty of room. I do need to track down some extra size 14 liners so I can swap daily as advised. I’m 6’4” and 270 (but hope to be 240 by fall) so I typically wear a XXL without a lot of room to spare. I will likely need to track down some generously cut outerwear to enable proper layering.

I am thinking of getting one of the heater body suits or a competing brand but don’t like the thought of being zipped up in it when a big buck cruises through. I’m glad the LOP was brought up. I’ve been going back and forth on what rifle to bring and this May pint me towards a .308 that is shorter than the rest of my options.

Thanks again for all the good intel and anything additional is appreciated.

I've hunted in Saskatchewan a handful of times and all outfits operate pretty much the same way; you'll do little walking, getting dropped off on a quad or pickup, so you're not likely to be sweated up.

Each time I hunted, I just brought an insulated jacket and pants with some basic layers beneath - and my heater body suit.

The heater suit works really, really well for containing all of you - and your body heat. And after a few outings, I just took my boots off (in the blind), added another sock, threw a couple of chemical packs in each foot area - presto, good for the day.

I loathe running a heater in the blind due to condensation so not being bundled up like the Michelin Man or severely constricted in movement is a blessing (with the heater suit) .

Your head is still exposed so make sure that is well insulated (also important if you're getting chauffeured in an open quad too). Throw a chemical heater in your headgear above the base of the neck for added warmth.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D