Originally Posted by pete53
to learn accuracy just the standard 22 LR at 25 YD. pit then 50 yard pit when can shoot extremely well at 50 yards you will know the difference then. good luck

I like that answer pete. I often don't think about all the guys that did not grow up using a 22lr for practice, hunting, and just plain learning marksmanship. What I've been seeing lately is guys getting in to the game later in life, some in their 20's, 30's and even 40's or 50's. No disrespect to them, but they would in fact learn more about shooting, if they also started out with a good accurate 22lr. Start with irons like a lot of us did. I never did dry fire, never will since I shoot a lot of ammo at the range. And as a kid, I slayed a lot of schidt, while also target practicing with my dad just about every weekend. Countless hours of practice is what makes you good. Good instruction and muscle memory are key. And being very consistent is what makes you good at shooting long range.. A good shooting 22lr will tell you when you are making mistakes. Better to make those at the range, rather than on the killing fields.. JMHO..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA