Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
I see Bear Creek has gotten into the hammer forging business as well. I would buy this before the other. A lot of folks don’t like bear creek. I have one and it shoots fine for what it is and what I paid for it.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/556-20-bn-government-barrel-1-8-twist-rifle-std-rc-a2-m14.html

J, do you think the one he's asking about would be more accurate than what he already has? I'm also wondering how his rifle actually shoots and what ammo he's tried in it. I have had and seen many HBAR's shoot lights out. I'm sure you have seen the same thing. Those older Bushmasters, Colts, and even Oly Arms even shot well. It is my understanding that you shoot those high power rifle shoots with all the NRA rules and such. What have you seen? Some of the old guys I shoot with served in Vietnam, but they love their old A2's. Most use Colts, and the others I listed. One was a gunny sgt that shot at Quantico. Another bad assed old guy a retired Air Borne Ranger. Most guys served in the military, and they know how to shoot those rifles. Having some experience with the Windham Weaponry barrels, I would also consider an upper from them. Again, I'm wondering what the real world results would be with the cheap upper the OP is asking about? Have you seen anyone in your shooting circuit/world use them??? I also believe he's wanting an A2 configuration. Would it be better to buy a really good barrel, A2 upper receiver and run that? Or would you suggest he buys an A4 upper, so he can scope it and evaluate the accuracy/precision and then switch back to irons. Just to be sure it's the rifle and not the shooter causing this "poor accuracy"..

Godogs57, what ammo have you tried and what kind of accuracy do you typically get with your rifle. What upper do you actually have?? Colt, Bushmaster, Olympic Arms etc. etc...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hey Lawrence. Hope you’re doing well. This is a standard M-16 upper, Colt. It is not the HBAR heavy barrel. Standard weight. I get 4” or so groups at 100 but honestly I haven’t tried many loads yet to see how it’ll do. Shot 75 grain BTHP match and both Varget and 15. Oh, 3” groups or so at 100 and that was it. I’m just figuring I could probably do better.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.