Originally Posted by ldholton
I've had two Bear Creek 6.5 Grendel barrels.
neither was a very good experience... the best one might regularly shoot 4 in at 100 m with the same loads my Faxon barrel , PSA uppper and ruger American bolt gun chambered the same all shot said load under moa. and yes I tried many other loads in the Bear Creek barrels but to no avail.
high price tomato stakes
Interesting. We own 4 bear creek uppers. One was 22LR that had issues from the get go. That I tried to fix and failed. They sent a brand new one that works perfectly now. Customer service.

The other 3 we own are 2 in 223 and one in 6.5 Grendel. I"ve also sighted in about 3 others in 6.5 Grendel so far. All have functioned fine. All have shot 1 inch group for 5 shots at 100 while in the zero phase. Or better. Couple took my reloads to do it with but I didn't tweak the loads, just whatever I have loaded for our Grendel.

I have not played with bear creek until the last few years though FWIW.

My goal now is to buy an on sale upper at about 200 bucks or so every sale they put on. So far no flies on that for general beat around guns and so far as noted they have been holding to MOA for our uses basically. One is probably more like an honest 1.2 or so MOA gun but its plenty good for pigs and coyotes out to 300 around the house which is about as far as we typically shoot at them if so inclined.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....