Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Doug, can you clearly indicate Country of Origin for all your products.

Can you add a search filter to only show selected Countries?

Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.

Sincerely,

Alps

If it was as clear a task as you think it would be done. Just because something is assembled in one place doesn't mean the internals weren't sourced somewhere else. In some cases every part can be sourced from China and the tube of a riflescope can be made in the USA and it is all assembled in the USA and it can be marked made in the USA

The only brand that puts COO on the product spread sheets we receive is Burris and we have posted their product list with COO.

Sightron, to the best of my knowledge, is the only Pacific Rim brand that does not make any of their riflescopes in China, only Philippines and Japan.

Swarovski, Kahles, Tangent Theta, Leica & Nightforce do not have anything that is "made in China", however, I cannot say that none of the internal pieces parts don't come from China.

Hawke, at this time, is made in China, however, at our SHOT Show meeting Hawke mentioned they are working on getting product sourced elsewhere.

iRay, Konus, Sightmark the Revic Rangefinder are made in China.

Pulsar, for the most part, is made in Belarus

Element, GPO, Bushnell, Zeiss, Sig Sauer and Kowa are sourced from multiple places but do not have a clear COO spreadsheet as Burris does

Athlon is made in China with the exception of their Cronus riflescopes which are made in Japan.

Steiner is mostly Germany and USA, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

Meopta is mostly Czech Republic and some USA assembly, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

We are always happy to discuss individual products with you all if you'd like to call before making a purchase rather than just going to the web site.

What I will say again, we do not support Chinese direct companies like Vector Optics, who are direct China brands vs USA companies that have product made in China. There is a distinct difference. Also, I say again, there is no way to know who sources what pieces parts in their products from where. The rules of stating "Made in XYZ" are very vague on what % needs to be what in order to claim this detail.

I hope this information is helpful

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]