in college I worked in a GM plant for close to two years...
Or sectional relief guy, only believed that you should buy American...

One of the other departmental guys, told RED that I had bought a new car and it was foreign..
He came down to my station, on a break and started giving me crap for buying a foreign car.

That drew a crowd, and after he asked what did I buy, I told him a VW.
"Well that's not a foreign car.. they make those right here in America.. they have a factory in Pennsylvania"

Everyone started laughing...Red tells them, "I only buy American and I have a VW I commute to work here for the last 10 years"
Someone asks then, how come there are so many of them in Germany? His response was "we ship them there from here"

Once he found out that they were made in Germany, he got rid of it and bought a big old Buick off the plant bullet board, that had been one of the exec's cars...

I wonder if Uncle Alps, is related to RED...our relief guy back in the early 70s at the GM plant I worked at.

GM makes a lot of their vehicles in foreign countries nowadays....not the good old USA any more

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez