This has become a silly debate. Whether to purchase products that are made in a given country does not have to be “all or none.” I cannot fault a guy for trying to minimize support going to a certain country for whatever reason, even if it’s unreasonable to reduce that support to 0. What doesn’t make sense to me are the arguments suggesting that if supporting manufacturing in a given country (used to be Germany/Japan, now it’s China) is inevitable in some minimal amount, then giving full support without a second thought is also inevitable, or at least justifiable. The notion of destroying everything you own that was made in a place you don’t like, also makes no sense. The concern is what the future holds and how our current actions influence that future. Whatever support was given in the past is done, a “sunk cost.”

I can see the logic behind both sides of the debate, but I do think that listing COO is useful, where possible, to at least indicate how much of the manufacturing process may occur in a country one wishes to avoid. That allows each customer to make decisions based on what is important to them.