I have a V4 in 4–16 X 50 that I got from red hawk. The glass clarity is amazing and I’m thoroughly impressed with the light gathering. To Mayeye – and I know it’s subjective – but to my eye it is clearer and brighter than my Leupold VX5 and my Trijicon Credo X. In fact, the glass clarity to Mayeye is on par with my Schmidt and bender polar.

I’m ready to get another scope but wondering if I should spring for the V-6 this time? I know this is personal and subjective but my number one priority is light gathering. The V-6 lists a higher light transmission but I take that with a grain of salt. Don’t fully trust manufactures specs on that. The V4 is a 4X magnification range which to me should be more conducive to light transmission than a 6X range. Not sure if the coatings on the V-6 bring like transmission in favor of that model.

I am more than happy with the clarity of the V4, but looking for any edge in light gathering for hunting hogs in the south through the midnight hour. Maybe BobbyTomek will give thoughts, here.