Originally Posted by MosesTucker
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
I have owned both. Still own a V6. Glass clarity is very good on both. Slight edge to the V6. But splitting hairs. From what I can tell however, the V6 appears to be a better constructed scope, and that matters far more than minor glass nuances. The V6 is German and the V4 Japanese. Clicks are more solid. Tracking is spot on. Everything about it feels more solid. This site seems to place far more importance on glass than is necessary, IMO. Folks here seem to critique glass qualities and rarely discuss mechanical integrity. That’s absolutely backwards, imo. No animal is going to get shot or not shot because of the glass differences between the V4 and V6.

All that said, I don’t really trust either one thoroughly

and treat them with kid gloves, which bothers me. I haven’t seen anything that shows any current model Zeiss hold up to impact well. Even their big bucks LRP failed Form’s drop test miserably and totally fell apart. I’ll likely replace my V6 soon enough. It’s certainly no Nightforce. I need scopes I trust completely. My hunting time is too important.

SD, Will you likely replace that with a night force?
Probably. Perhaps a March. Jury is still out. If you can handle a few extra ounces the NF NXS 3-15x50 is a no brainer compared to that V6. Similar cost, better in every regard that matters, except weight.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/20/23.