Originally Posted by MosesTucker
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
I have owned both. Still own a V6. Glass clarity is very good on both. Slight edge to the V6. But splitting hairs. From what I can tell however, the V6 appears to be a better constructed scope, and that matters far more than minor glass nuances. The V6 is German and the V4 Japanese. Clicks are more solid. Tracking is spot on. Everything about it feels more solid. This site seems to place far more importance on glass than is necessary, IMO. Folks here seem to critique glass qualities and rarely discuss mechanical integrity. That’s absolutely backwards, imo. No animal is going to get shot or not shot because of the glass differences between the V4 and V6.

All that said, I don’t really trust either one thoroughly

and treat them with kid gloves, which bothers me. I haven’t seen anything that shows any current model Zeiss hold up to impact well. Even their big bucks LRP failed Form’s drop test miserably and totally fell apart. I’ll likely replace my V6 soon enough. It’s certainly no Nightforce. I need scopes I trust completely. My hunting time is too important.

SD, Will you likely replace that with a night force?

OP, if you are "WOWED" by the V4 glass, you'll schidt yourself the first time you look through a Nightforce. I have a sample of one V4 and it sucks in comparison, even when compared to NF's bottom of the barrel SHV. I like my V4, but it is not worth the money they charge for them. Thankfully I did not pay retail, but waited on a repair that turned in to a replacement because they do not make the old Conquest anymore. That replacement took 6 months to get too, so think about that one for a bit. I also don't trust the Zeiss to hold up as well as a NF in real world use either. I do not like their zero stop feature. It feels very cheap to me. I was messing with setting it the other day and it's just cheap plastic, and slips. So it's not a real solid feeling zero stop. The one positive I can say about the V4 is it tracks well and returns to zero very well. Glass is on par with my cheap azzed Burris FFII's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA