Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
That’s not my experience. My V4’s are better optically than my early 3-10 SHV and my NSX 5.5-22.

It’s very possible NF has upgraded their glass. But for a long time there, you bought NF in spite of the glass, not because of it.

I have owned one SHV scope 3-10x42 and no V4's other than what I looked thru at SW. That SHV might be one rugged scope but optics are not its strong point for sure. For a scope that costs 1k no RTZ is a deal breaker as well. NF and V4 made in the same freaking plant by Japanese workers.

The other SHV models do have a zero stop. The 3-10 has capped turrets. Most scopes with capped dials lack a zero stop.

How much trouble would it had been for NF to make a non capped turret for it?
Im sure if they did then all the guys who want a capped turret would cry foul! Can’t please everyone. My guess is NF figured they have many other options with exposed turrets, so they made this one capped for those who are mostly non dialers. But to answer your question I’m sure it’s not as easy as it seems. I’d love that option too, selfishly. But it’s not a deal breaker for me. I just make it a habit of keeping my eye on it when the cap is in my pocket.

The exposed turret model is known as the SWFA 3-9.

I am no fan of that scope 3-10x42 SHV. They do not sell a scope with a decent hunting reticle except in Europe.