Originally Posted by robertham1
I didn’t time myself, as I only had one mag, but I went as fast as I could. I learned a few things. TAC MATCH shoots poorly from this rifle, Prime shoots poorly from this rifle, and while I know wolf shoots well, the groups show that the challenge is harder than it seems, of I should take more time. I’ll also add the excuse of weather… it certainly was windy!

I’d only shot this 10/22 twice before, and it shot very well with CCI SV, and Wolf/SK.

I’d had a brick of Prime .22 I’ve had laying around for a few years and thought I’d work on getting rid of it. It never shot well from any rifle, I recall, but sheesh this was bad. I’m not sure what happened but the picture of the TAC MATCH is gone. I brought a box of UM22, but had to get home to start the corned beef.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for participating man. You are right, that Wolf match target ammo shoots a lot better than that prime stuff. I've never even see prime. You are right about shooting this Z challenge too. It's a little harder than you would think. When I shot it, I found that I was holding my breath for about 15 rounds of the shoot. By the time I was done shooting, I also noticed my rifle was way canted. Then I was paying too much attention to where my bullet was actually going, instead of moving to the next target. I know that slowed me down quite a bit. That is a big no no, when shooting a bowling pin match or golf ball shoot. You always want to just shoot the target and move on as quickly as possible. There is always the urge to see how you did or how your competitor is doing, especially in a head to head bowling pin shoot. I think there is a learning curve here and of course a strategy. From what I saw a month ago, the leader in this shoot was Don from RimfireSS. That guy smokes those targets with some incredible speed. I think he shot a .445" average group size in 34 seconds. He's fast! He's running a shillen barreled 10-22 with Eley Sabr ammo.

Semi Auto Class Rifle Ammo Smallest Group Largest Group Avg Group Size Time In Seconds Score Notes

DB -RimfireSS Ruger 10/22 ELEY SABR 0.346 0.638 0.445 34 68.06 1st Place RimfireSS

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA