Nice write up BSA.
I never had much luck with pressure points in a stock over free floating.
Since Ruger only uses on action screw, then when I installed a heavy barrel I used an aluminum spacer
that the barrel chamber sits on. You didn't say where the shims are located and I assumed towards the end of the forearm.
Is that a bad assumption? If they put the shims and tension screw back at the chamber end that would be awesome.
$60 for a Volquartsen sear and trigger? Wow, I've been out of the loop for a long time. Back what now must be quite a few
years I bought 10 Volquartsen sears for under $100 from Volquartsen. Can't remember what the trigger price was.
Changing out the sear really makes a difference in trigger pull on the 10/22. I never thought the trigger change made much
difference. I did like the idea of the over travel screw in the Volquartsen trigger.
I really like the looks of your Magpul Hunter stock and really like EdM's checkered walnut stock. I have a weakness for walnut. smile
Maybe this week the weather will be nice enough shoot some targets with the 10/22 and add a second good shooting Green Mountain Barrel
to the thread. grin